Hows Studying Going for October Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYCProjectEngineer PE PMP

Out in the Field
Reaction score
Who else is currently studying for the October construction depth exam?

I went through the Hartman exams and am now going through the 6 minute questions... the 6 min book is definitely more difficult which is a good thing. I plan to sit down and take the full NCEES construction PM exam this Sunday to see what topics I need to study more... should be interesting.

I have gotten good use out of the Construction Depth Manual (Korman) and also the Peurifoy book which NCEES uses as the reference for many of their PM sample questions.

Anybody have any good tips or books they are using? I have been considering buying Mark DeSantis' construction PM depth book (I already have his sample exam which looks to be very comprehensive).

I used Mark DeSantis's practice exam and some of his reference notes. I also took EET's prep course. EET help a ton. One thing that was also very helpful is organization, I learned it as a part of EET's class and learncivilengineering.com's study prep guide. Build a note book, tab it by topics as shown on NCEES's testing standards and put reference materials, cheat sheets, practice problems in those tabs. Then take the practice exam using those note books. I had one for morning and one for afternoon.

at the very least, know your reference material inside and out, take practice exams only using your reference materials. know where to find material you need.

good luck, i took mine in April and passed.

Latest posts

Back