How did construction PM go?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civil78

Reaction score
How do people feel that it went? I thought that there was one definite way out there question... but the rest seemed pretty straightforward. Hopefully straightforward enough that I passed-

I thought it was OK. There were definitely a couple of cases where you were given a million variables and it made my head spin, but for the most part the questions seemed reasonable. I found that rather than taking only 4 min a question as I did on the AM portion, I took nearly all 6 min per question avg for the Construction PM. As a result, I had an hour left in AM to review and only like 15 min left in PM to review. I am optimistic about passing but I will remain on edge until I get that notice.

I think it went fair for me, I give myself a 70% chance of passing. I got an answer that was one of the choices on all of the questions that I felt good about. I was really sunk on one question. I am kicking myself over another.

Longest three months ever coming up....

Last edited by a moderator:
The morning was easier than expected and I was done in 2 hrs. The evening was a little more challenging as expected I am still working some of those questions out in my sleep but I feel like I passed. I guees time will tell.

Morning was definitely easier than I thought. Spent 50/50 time for morning & afternoon and still made bunch of stupid mistakes in the morning. Couples in Geo, couples in Transport and couples in Structures. Afternoon was bit difficult since they don't have any area defined for construction. They freaking ask you questions from anywhere in the Construction afternoon. I had a question for everyone though....Please answer....

If someone gets about 56 questions correct out of 80 (Including Morning & Afternoon), what do you think are the chances of him/her passing?

Morning was definitely easier than I thought. Spent 50/50 time for morning & afternoon and still made bunch of stupid mistakes in the morning. Couples in Geo, couples in Transport and couples in Structures. Afternoon was bit difficult since they don't have any area defined for construction. They freaking ask you questions from anywhere in the Construction afternoon. I had a question for everyone though....Please answer....
If someone gets about 56 questions correct out of 80 (Including Morning & Afternoon), what do you think are the chances of him/her passing?
From what I've been told (and the CERM).. 55/80 is usually guaranteed passing.. (70%)

^That is pretty accurate on the equation. I figured out that I missed 20 questions and still passed. I am convinced that ones that get a perfect score belong in a lab at Cal Tech or MIT.

I think i did okay. I found the morning session straight and could finish in 3 hours. Afternoon was construction, and first few questions took a long time, overall the depth part was medium to tough. I think i have 60% chance of passing exam if the cut off score is 70%. :mf_followthroughfart:

This is my third time taking the test, and construction in the afternoon has been my punishment of choice each time. First two tries I scored just about the same...right around 58%-59%, despite having spent six weeks studying and doing practice problems before the second attempt. My morning scores went up on the second try, but the afternoon construction test seemed to get a lot harder and I did worse. Turns out it was enough to balance out the improvement I made in the am. For this last test, I decided I better spend the money and take a real, live instructor review course. Wow, what a difference on the morning exam. For the first time, I finished early and had an hour to calmly look over all my work. I know I missed one, but I honestly think that I got all the others. I could be wrong, but I would be very, very surprised if I missed more than 2 or 3. But man, that pm construction test just seems to get harder every time. I don’t mean that the problems are very hard, but they take forever. I ended up having to guess on at least 8 before I ran out of time. When I counted up the ones I felt pretty good about, it was only 23. And I’m definitely not as confident in that 23 as I am in my am 39. 23+39 gives me a 77%, but I’m nervous because I know it’s not likely that I got all the ones that I think I did. Assuming I guessed right on a couple, and maybe I was right on a couple that I wasn’t sure about…hopefully, those will make up for the ones I was wrong about. Even with that great morning score I don’t feel as confident as I would like.

This is my third time taking the test, and construction in the afternoon has been my punishment of choice each time. First two tries I scored just about the same...right around 58%-59%, despite having spent six weeks studying and doing practice problems before the second attempt. My morning scores went up on the second try, but the afternoon construction test seemed to get a lot harder and I did worse. Turns out it was enough to balance out the improvement I made in the am. For this last test, I decided I better spend the money and take a real, live instructor review course. Wow, what a difference on the morning exam. For the first time, I finished early and had an hour to calmly look over all my work. I know I missed one, but I honestly think that I got all the others. I could be wrong, but I would be very, very surprised if I missed more than 2 or 3. But man, that pm construction test just seems to get harder every time. I don’t mean that the problems are very hard, but they take forever. I ended up having to guess on at least 8 before I ran out of time. When I counted up the ones I felt pretty good about, it was only 23. And I’m definitely not as confident in that 23 as I am in my am 39. 23+39 gives me a 77%, but I’m nervous because I know it’s not likely that I got all the ones that I think I did. Assuming I guessed right on a couple, and maybe I was right on a couple that I wasn’t sure about…hopefully, those will make up for the ones I was wrong about. Even with that great morning score I don’t feel as confident as I would like.
Jobe:

If you are confident about lets say 35 in AM, you only need about 21 in the PM and that brings you to 56. (56/80) should make it. I took the test third time as well. People I knew with me during second time did not do so well and some of them made it because of good AM. I probably got about 31 in AM and I am sure about 25 in PM and still optimistic about making it. If I were you, I would not worry a bit.

Good Luck...........

I did a self-study b/c the only in-person review course in my knick of the woods was ~$1,750 = ridiculous. Anyhow, i took the afternoon construction (first time taking the test) and time definitely got away from me too in the afternoon. I had to guess on maybe 4-5 problems, most of which i could have solved if I had another 30 minutes. I def felt the morning was easier but with my incredible lack of sleep the night before the test, i had to second guess myself more than i would have liked (afternoon too). I feel somewhat confortable about getting 30/40 questions correct in the morning and another 20-25/40 correct in the afternoon. Let's hope for the best! Just wanted to say too that although I found this website a tad late in my studying, I managed to get alot of great advice here that definitely helped me study for and take the test, so thank you all!

Back