Hiner Review Book vs C.V. Chelapati Seismic Workbook

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

diner20

Hello everybody,

I am having a difficulty looking for the book by Hiner. I know that this book is a great help in passing the Seismic Test. But unfortunately i can't seem to find any old books from Hiner. Somebody told me that the

Review book by C.V. Chelapati is pretty much next to the Hiner. Need advise...Thanks.

You need Hiner, 2007 CBC, and ASCE 7-05. As stated above, that is where you get Hiner- and the old versions are no good as the code changed.

Is it better to have the 2007 CBC or the 2006 IBC? I'm doing the construction depth and plan on only practicing in California.

either- i hear theyre identical. the CA PE website also states that either are acceptable. as for which is better for work- the chapters you need are the same but there are differences so if you have to buy one get the cbc. otherwise get whatever is cheaper.

Do you need Design of Wood Structures ASD/LRFD for the seismic exam??? Thanks
Hello,

On the board's web site, it says y=that Breyer's book is a reference. I personally took a timber class last spring as a grad student and found the Breyer book to be very efficient way to study for the seismic exam. the chapter 2 in the book is nothing but seismic design. I think even Hiner took some of Breyer's examples straight from the book. I know a professor that teaches the review session straight from Breyer's seismic notes. It's a good book for seismic design if you can get a hold of. I bought mine from Amazon for $58.000 brand new . Can’t beat that.

Good luck guys on the upcoming test.

:bananalama: :p10940623:

Latest posts

Back