Highest number of Questions right to fail?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And remember: "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~Calvin Coolidge
An EXCELLENT quote.

I understand and I know nothing will come out of questioning my exam but you fail to realize that for me and many others who failed the Structural 1 that it isnt as easy as "take the test again".....now we have to deal with a whole different animal, the 16 hour that costs $1000. I am bummed that I failed and if I had to take the same test again I would say "lets do it" but know knowing that I am going into a whole different test after failing it twice is difficult to grasp.
$1000 and 16 hrs sucks, but it might work into your favor. This format might make it easier to pass for you.

I know the cut score varies between all the exams, and even between depth modules, but I always kept telling myself 56/80 minimum when I was studying/taking the actual exam. I am convinced there is no way you can get 56 questions correct and fail. 55/80 failing score above confirms this (at least for the civil exams, anyway)

I know the cut score varies between all the exams, and even between depth modules, but I always kept telling myself 56/80 minimum when I was studying/taking the actual exam. I am convinced there is no way you can get 56 questions correct and fail. 55/80 failing score above confirms this (at least for the civil exams, anyway)
Totally Agree, even though we cannot claim that we know the failing results of every examinee, looking at the comments from people at this board I did not see any one said that they fail the civil engineering PE with 56/80 or higher. This does not mean that we will not see that happens in the future.

Back