HCM changing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

historic66

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I heard someone saying that the Highway Capacity Manual is under revision and will be out with multiple addendums. Is it true or just a rumor?

HCM will see an update in the near future. Last I heard it was to be called 2010 edition and published accordingly.

MUTCD has gone thru a major revision and a 2009 version is now available online. It was relased less than 2 weeks back.

As far as the PE exam is concerned, I don't see them adopting any of these changes anytime soon. So you and all the other test takers should be fine. Of course, if there are supplements to the HCM 2000 and MUTCD 2003 then those are certainly applicable.

Last edited by a moderator:
HCM will see an update in the near future. Last I heard it was to be called 2010 edition and published accordingly.
MUTCD has gone thru a major revision and a 2009 version is now available online. It was relased less than 2 weeks back.

As far as the PE exam is concerned, I don't see them adopting any of these changes anytime soon. So you and all the other test takers should be fine. Of course, if there are supplements to the HCM 2000 and MUTCD 2003 then those are certainly applicable.
Thanks Vishal. I looked up on NCEES website and they still list MUTCD 2003 as recommended reference.

Back