Gun Man in Downton Orlando - EIT trying to be a PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Silent Guardian
Reaction score
Just saw this in TV. The gun man who killed 1 and wounded 5 in Gateway Plaza, at downtown Orlando, is an EIT and was trying to take the PE test. He was mad because was terminated by an engineering and construction firm based in the building where the shootings happened. "They left me to rot"was his statement when he was captured.

The guy is hispanic and an non-official report says he is from Puerto Rico. Link to come soon.

One of the guys that used to work in my office now works for that firm and in that office. He was in the office today when this occurred. Fortunately he was unhurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
so 2 years & a couple months since working there and the dude snaps? weird!

This is just insane, especially after the Ft Hood incident yesterday. I know someone who used to work at that exact office, and I know a bunch of people at Ft Hood too. I work at a regular A/E firm but also at a military installation so it feels so strange that two places very similar to where I spend the majority of my time have had shootings occur the past 2 days.

I'd say I should just become a Wal-Mart greeter but people go on shooting rampages there too!

There's some really incrediblly horrifying news if you just read the headlines - headlines like the plaza shooting just happen to grab top billing. I have been to the RS&H office in Orlando - it is scary thinking that a place that you have been has had such a tragic incident.

This past week there was also a headline abaout an infant who went missing in the middle of the night in Chipley, Florida. An Ambert Alert was even issued - the infant was found 5 days later, stuffed in a box at the babysitter's house (babysitter = sister of estranged husband). It seems the wife may have been complicit in some sort of kidnapping/abduction and fabricated the story. Again - quite scary because I spent a good bit of time in that community when working in a previous job.

JR

Back