Give me a recommendation.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master slacker

Something awesome.
Reaction score
So I'm in the market for an air compressor. Not one of those 60 gallon jobbers you spend big bucks on. I want a simple 120V, plug-in, tankless, fill up the car and bike tires compressor that is of decent quality and doesn't cost too much. Anybody have a good recommendation to fit these needs?

706676_STFP10_MultipurposeDoubleFootPump_01_250.jpg

it's even a dual piston. industrial sized

Last edited by a moderator:
My Slime 12V Power Sport Tire Inflator was around $30 and has served me well. Only thing is it vibrates quite a bit so it's loud as hell and heats up quickly, but it takes me less than 5 minutes to top off all my tires.

I got this little 110 volt unit at Home Depot for

Around $100. It has wheels and a handle like a suitcase and

It has a wall hang bracket. It has a one gallon tank and

Will operate a nail gun or impact wrench.

I used to have a 5 hp 240 volt, 20 gallon, but

Now all I have is a two car garage, and this hangs out

Of the way.

My Slime 12V Power Sport Tire Inflator was around $30 and has served me well. Only thing is it vibrates quite a bit so it's loud as hell and heats up quickly, but it takes me less than 5 minutes to top off all my tires.

MUST

RESIST

INNUENDO

You caught onto that, did you? :)

I bought the one below from Harbor Freight when it was on sale for like $45. I know you said tankless but this one isn't too large at all. Has a nice carrying handle too so it's relatively portable. Works great filling car and bike tires.

image_21098.jpg

I'm just looking for a reliable compressor that can "top off" the tires from time to time. Been using the el cheapo emergency pump to do the job very similar to this one.

41nqMWqznuL._SY300_.jpg

It does the job, but since it stays in the car for emergencies, I'd hate to have it burned out for when we really need it. It also takes forever to get a car tire pressured up. Need a decent one that can do the job with little effort and not struggle beginning at 30 PSIG. I like car tires at 35 PSIG.

My son gave me a Craftsman battery powered portable compressor a few years ago. It's clunky because of the internal 12V battery but it works. I had a Black & Decker pump similar to you photo of the "El Cheapo" pump. It plugged in the lighter socket for power. Served my purposes well for refreshing the car tires. I've always used a typical hand pump for the bikes and sports balls. The volume is so small it's so much easier than using a compressor.

I've always used a typical hand pump for the bikes and sports balls. The volume is so small it's so much easier than using a compressor.

This.

Agree with you on the 12V plug in, too. That's all I've really needed.

We have a portable one like you pictured we got at auto zone that I keep in the car.... but we also have one of the big one's I got when the crown molding was being installed and I determined it would be easier with a nail gun. yeah, no in betweens here

I've always used a typical hand pump for the bikes and sports balls. The volume is so small it's so much easier than using a compressor.

This.

Agree with you on the 12V plug in, too. That's all I've really needed.

I'll take a pic of the bike pump I decimated this weekend if the wife hasn't tossed it yet.

Latest posts

Back