Getting advertisements about PE prep. Is that a message about the exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iasonas

Reaction score
Just got a PPI advertisement email. I wonder if that is an indication about a PE exam that went sour.

Read nothing into receiving the email. They must have gotten some list and your name came up-- anything else is totally coincidence. Read nothing into that email-- if you pass the test, you will know in a week or so, if not, you get to try again. Good Luck.

what he said. I got a similar snail mail back when I took the test and I passed. You got a mass mailing, they do not know who passed and who did not.

They probably have your email from when you joined their forum or ordered a review manual. Registration for the spring exam is coming up and you are getting a carpet bomb email.

I dunno, in this age of targeted marketing I bet PPI paid NCEES to release the results to them early so they can get a jump start on advertising their products to repeat test takers.

j/k

:p

Stats say that 90% of people receiving those PE Exam Prep be4 getting results did not pass the test.

(It is not true but I bet it scared you) :asthanos:

I passed the PE in April of '11, got the notice in June. I got exam prep email and snail mail from many companies for several of the PE exams, mostly for the Civil prep. I don't do Civil. I got email and snail mail for exam prep for at least a year after I passed, and from time to time, still get some.

Given the low pass rates for PE exams, it would make sense that most people getting ads before results would fail, just as a matter of statistics.

Latest posts

Back