FYI - ICC Discounted Books

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work, BCY. There are so many good books in there, ones which should be every engineer's library

However, most of them are based on old code such as UBC1997, IBC2000 and IBC2003.

However, most of them are based on old code such as UBC1997, IBC2000 and IBC2003.
I would think that the principles are the same. Codes will change forever, but the methods will be similar.

I would think that the principles are the same. Codes will change forever, but the methods will be similar.
Can you (or anyone else for that matter) recommend a good book out of the sale?

I'd be more interested in a book that has good examples show casing structural analysis (i.e. load application and distribution throughout a structure) than one that shows you how to use the code once you have already figured out your load/force values.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be more interested in a book that has good examples show casing structural analysis (i.e. load application and distribution throughout a structure) than one that shows you how to use the code once you have already figured out your load/force values.
Casey

This may be what you are looking for: Loads and Load Paths in Buildings: Principles of Structural Design by Narendra Taly but unfortuantely it is based on the old codes.

CaseyThis may be what you are looking for: Loads and Load Paths in Buildings: Principles of Structural Design by Narendra Taly but unfortuantely it is based on the old codes.
I ended up getting the following

Wind & Earthquake Resistant Buildings: Structural Analysis and Design (9248S)

Structural Steel Designer's Handbook, 4th Edition (9245S4)

Seismic & Wind Design of Concrete Buildings (2003 IBC®, ASCE 7-02, ACI 318-02) (9184S03)

Reinforced Concrete Masonry Design: An Application Guide (928

Fundamentals of Building Construction: Materials and Methods (3rd Ed) (9194S)

I use a book titled "Tubular Steel Structures - Theory and Design" by M.S. Troitsky, published by The James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation. It is not much code related but has in-depth theories and analysis/design examples in a variety of industrial applications - ducts, stacks, tanks and bins, etc. The Blodgett book from the same publisher is also a good reference; perhaps most of us here already have this popular one.

Back