funny pic thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and I have to add my funny story, when we do snatches (we are usually doing hanging) one of the girls always breaks into the milkshake song substituting snatch for milkshake... and comes up with a new verse every time... and of course Shannon always yells and says "if your singing about bringing the boys to the yard, then you can be working harder"

Last edited by a moderator:
533125_4403403368722_706975169_n.jpg

yeah, that makes a difference... I was a bit confused... but still comparing them anyway... the smaller stature (is that the right word) ladies have more weight... i imagine snatches would be harder on your body at that weight, but I don't know enough about the whole olympic competition to know if they do it repetativily or not... and there is a BIG difference between the size of all of them...
I don't pretend to know anything about olympic weightlifting, but after browsing of the various olympic team pages for women's weightlifting (Supe already identified the first weightlifter as Holley Mangold) we can compare their performances.

Holley Mangold finished 10th in the women's +75kg with a total weight of 240kg, although she did that with a torn ligament in her hand.

The first woman that willsee posted is Great Britain's Zoe Smith. She competed in the women's 58kg and finished third with a weight of 188kg

The other woman willsee posted is Germany's Julia Rohde. She competed in the women's 53kg and finished 11th, lifting 193kg

I'll actually give Holley Mangold a lot of credit. They actually had one of those True Life things on MTV that followed her a while back. She was invited to train out at the Olympic Training Center as a temporary resident athlete, and after some DNF's in a competition, she was cut from the squad and not allowed to train there anymore. She pursued it alone with an independent coach, and ultimately made her way to the Olympics and a spot on the US team.

oh and I have to add my funny story, when we do snatches (we are usually doing hanging) one of the girls always breaks into the milkshake song substituting snatch for milkshake... and comes up with a new verse every time... and of course Shannon always yells and says "if your singing about bringing the boys to the yard, then you can be working harder"
this is why i prefer to work out alone or in silence...

Back