FL P.E. renewal and CEC's

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

flyingfishes

I see there are a lot of new FL p.e.'s (like myself) on the board. as you all know, they expire on Feb 28th, 2007 (just mean). what i dont know is do we need to get 4, 8 or 0 CEC's by then. It will not even have bben one year since me heard, and a lot less than a year, from when FL got around to giving us numbers. anyone know?

sounds good to me. seems unfair to ask us to get CECs. they know we are up to date on ethics from the application test, and we definately have been reading up on engineering within the last year.

In LA, I just had to send in my renewal (after passing this April). There was a checkbox that said something like "Exempt due to new licensure" or something to that effect.

Ed

In WV you are exempt during the first year but if you earn some you can carry them over to next year.

In WV you are exempt during the first year but if you earn some you can carry them over to next year.
Similar in Ohio except that we don't have to start worrying about credits until our 2008 renewal.

Don't need any this Feb. whether you just passed or not, but any credits you get can be used towards the 2008 renewal and any credits over 15 during a year can be carried over to the next year also.

we don't need any CEU's for the Feb. 07 renewal (it took the board about a month to answer my question) but all PE's need to renew their licenses in February, regardless of when you got it... so if you pass the PE and get your licence in January 2007, you still need to pay the $130 for renewal in February... talk about price gauging...

I've got a friend that passed the October PE in FL four years ago and he didn't have to pay the renewal fee in Feb.....

Something doesn't smell right about having to pay a renewal fee a month after you get licenced.

:wtf:

tell me about it... I have to renew and pay $130 for having the license since august... I am only getting some 6 months of a 2 year renewal... and I had to put up with the stupid waiting, from the time I took the PE to the time they actually sent the certification.

Back