First Post From Across the Pond

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeb6294

Reaction score
Well, I am officially in Afghanistan. They sent me to Winchester, VA last week for some training then a group of about 12 of us flew from there to Dubai. On Monday they flew us from Dubai to Kabul in the scariest 737 I think I have ever seen. We've got more orientation and processing here and then at some point I'll be heading to the resident office where I will actually be working. I can't really tell you exactly when and where I'll be going quite yet, but we should have internet access there as well so I'll be able to access EB while I'm here.

The Gov't computers are pretty locked down...to the point that I can'r even download pictures from my camera without going to the stand-alone computer at IM and burning my memory card to a disc. Fortunately one of the guys here has a Blackberry so he was able to get a picture of us that he could email to us.

This was from a trip 'across the wire' to the PX tonight. It is literally across the street to get to the other camp, but it is still full gear. It's hard to look cool when you're wearing 40 pounds of body armor. In my defense, we have to wear the ballistic glasses and it was sunny when we went over.

Hope all is well and everyone safe. You'll be in my prayers. And thanks for your service.

Back