FBPE Initial Licensure

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiero_01

Reaction score
So I thankfully passed the PE exam on my first attempt this past April and received my license number this past Friday.  Everywhere I've read online stated licenses are approved for two years before they're up for renewal.  Somehow mine says it's due to expire in 8 months.  Anyone have any inclination as to why the FBPE might have done so?  I've sent them an email with no reply yet.  Trying to reach them by phone is a fool's endeavor....they never pick up.

It appears that in Florida, there are set renewal dates which appears to be February for Florida (and September for Pennsylvania). The renewal dates don't start when you get your PE, but rather, they are set every two years.

You will be exempt from having to have the PDHs for the renewal period, but I think you might have to pay some (if not all) of the renewal fee.

Congratulations on passing your PE, @shiero_01! (Sorry we’re a bit late with that; we just joined the EB.)

@Bustosavich is mostly correct. All Florida Professional Engineer licenses expire on the last day of February of odd years. We are currently in our licensure renewal period, with all licenses expiring Feb. 28, 2019.

If you obtained your Florida PE license by examination in April 2017, October 2017, or April 2018 , and Florida is your first state of PE licensure, you are required to pay only the fee to renew your license. You do not need to complete the 18 hours of continuing education for this renewal cycle. (And if you renew your PE license by Jan. 15, 2019, you can save $10 on your fee.) However, effective with the 2019-21 biennium, you will be responsible for completing your continuing education hours and paying the renewal fee to successfully renew your license.

If licensure was achieved in Florida by Endorsement (Comity) during a current biennium, the licensee must complete all continuing education requirements and pay the renewal fee by Feb. 28, 2019. To view the continuing education requirements for Florida licensees, please refer to the Continuing Education section of FBPE’s website.

If you have any questions about renewing your license, please call us at (850) 521-0500, and select Renewal to speak to a representative, or email [email protected].

Back