Family advice?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master slacker

Something awesome.
Reaction score
I have this family issue that I am seeking the EB's advice on .

So my family and I live in this nice uptown house. My dad is a pretty high profile lawyer. (He wants to be a judge one day) My mom is a stay at home mom who has done a great job raising my sisters and I. To be honest I don't know how dad managed to get her to marry him seeing as she is beautiful and, well, he is a little hefty. My two sisters are a little bratty but all together we have a pretty good family unit.

My moms sister has asked us to take in her son. They live in an inner city area and my cousin has been getting into trouble. I understand where my aunt is coming from wanting her son to have better oppurtunities I'm just worried how this is going to effect our day to day lives.

My cousin and I get along OK. He is just very different from me. What would the EB do?

How old is this cousin? Do you still live with your mom and dad, MS?

Help him become more cultured. Start by teaching him how to dance to a delightful groove by Mr. Tom Jones.

tumblr_lls3febBWg1qfzeph.gif

If he is already a trouble maker, theres no way in the world I would go for it. You're just asking to be pulled into a world full of drama and late night conversations with policemen.

So, to paraphrase:

You want to bring a troubled teen into a house with a couple of bickering girls so he can drive your mother nuts, all while his continuing troubles become associated with a family name and reputation that can make or break your father's chances of ever becoming a judge?

My vote is boarding school/military.

"African American entertainer Will Smith graduated from rap-music stardom to TV sitcom superstardom in the long-running NBC series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Co-produced by Quincy Jones, the series starred the twentysomething Smith as streetwise West Philadelphia teenager Will Smith (they must have stayed up nights thinking of that character name!), whose mother sends him to the West Coast to live with rich relatives in the cloistered California community of Bel-Air (mom felt that things were getting too dangerous for Will in his own neighborhood). The breezy, jive-talking Will proved to be quite a contrast to his upper-class relations, but despite obvious cultural and attitudinal difference, everyone got along quite well. Among Will's fellow occupants in the Bel-Air mansion were his uncle Philip Banks (James Avery), a prosperous attorney; Philip's wife Vivian (played first by Janet Hubert-Whitten, then by Daphne Maxwell Reid), a likeable lady who could simultaneously puncture Philip's pompousness and curb Will's ghetto-bred capriciousness; the couple's prissy, preppy son Carlton (Alfonso Ribeiro), whose attempts to emulate Will's freewheeling behavior always landed him in hot water; Carlton's sisters, the spoiled and somewhat airheaded Hilary (Karyn Parsons) and the lovably sardonic Ashley (Tatyana M. Ali); and the Banks' haughty butler Geoffrey (Joseph Marcell), who generally got all the best "put-down" punchlines. During the series' third season, Aunt Vivian gave birth to another child named Nicky (who, through the miracle of TV sitcom scriptwriting, became five years old within two years [played by Ross Bagley]). And in season four, Will and Carlton matriculated from high school to the University of Los Angeles, moving out of the mansion and into the pool house (all of a few yards away!). Making recurring appearances were Will Smith's musical partner Jeff Townes (aka "Jazzy Jeff") as Will's onscreen pal Jazz; Tyra Banks as Will's girlfriend Jackie Ames, who also hailed from West Philly; and Will's later sweetheart Lisa (Nia Long)."

http://www.fandango.com/thefreshprinceofbelair[tvseries]_v321037/plotsummary

MS You are a sneaky one...

Can I add my opinion?

Much like a prognosticator,
If it were me, I'd say "NO!,

Yo Homey, Smell you laterrr:"

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back