Exterior Residential Photometrics

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakky

Reaction score
I'm looking for photometric (.ies) files for residential grade outdoor lights (both pole and building mounted). The project I'm working on is a small colonial type redevelopment in a residential neighborhood and the commercial lights are too big and, well, commercial looking.

Google hasn't helped at all. I have also looked for .ies files for regular GE or Philips bulbs but no luck there either.

If anyone can lend any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hakky,

Have you checked out Lithonia's website? They have .ies files for their offerings and a pretty good free lighting design software. Here's a link to the "Outdoor Lighting" photometrics page:

http://www.lithonia.com/Photometrics.aspx?Pid=32

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most lighting fixture manufacturer's have IES files available for their products.

Hakky,
Have you checked out Lithonia's website? They have .ies files for their offerings and a pretty good free lighting design software. Here's a link to the "Outdoor Lighting" photometrics page:

http://www.lithonia.com/Photometrics.aspx?Pid=32

Hope this helps.
I've spec'd a lot of the Lithonia products on my commercial sites, but they don't offer any residential-type fixtures. I'm looking to spec smaller, more residential type fixtures for this project. The Lithonia stuff isn't going to work for this project, unfortunately, and I haven't found any manufacturers that have IES files for the smaller, consumer type fixtures. But thanks for the response, I appreciate it!

I run into problems like this all the time. I'll get some specialty lighting that the archies want and of course no photometrics. My course of action has been to find a light that has a similar distribution and modify the lumen output depending on the type of lamp(s) that I want to use. Not completely accurate, but better than nothing. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to see if they can provide you with anything?

Back