Enviro Topic- Quality Control

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cheese

I see this topic on the environmental, biology section in the afternoon for H20.

What is quality control? and where can I research/read/find information relating this topic.

I see nothing in Metcalf.

Admin - please post this message in Enviro section as I still can't post to that group.

Thanks for the help... I can see the light.

Cheese

cheese --

From reading your question, I see where quality control is specified under the Environmental Section of the Civil/WR Depth exam.

I am going to give you my take on this. To me, when I read quality control under the biological section and see where QC is lumped in with other field/lab tests I take QC to mean those activities that would ensure the quality of those 'environmental' field/lab tests.

The obvious question then becomes .. well what does that mean and where can I read about this. That is more difficult, because obviously sources like CERM don't cover QC per se. At the same time, you could look at QC types of references, but I don't believe that is the most productive use of your time.

I don't think you are going to pick up much in terms of QC between now and the exam. My advice, FWIW, don't worry too much about this potential subject. If anything, a question may show up in a form that you or I wouldn't readily attribute to being a QC question.

JR

Back