Engineers in the Oil & Gas Industry

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intech

Reaction score
We are looking for Engineers working in the Oil & Gas industry to take part in focus groups as follows. Each focus group will

last 90 minutes and you will be paid $225 for your time.

Group 1: Houston – 3/9/11 at 6:00pm – Experienced engineers with 5-15 yrs experience

Group 2: Houston – 3/10/11 at 8:00pm – Experienced engineers with 15+ yrs experience

Group 3: New Orleans – 3/11/11 at 1:00pm – Experienced engineers with 5-15 yrs experience

Group 4: New Orleans – 3/11 at 4:00pm – Experience engineers with 15+ yrs experience

If you are interested, please answer the following questions and email your answers to [email protected] with Focus Group

No. (e.g., Focus Group 1) as the subject.

1. Name

2. Email Address

3. Phone Number

4. Which location and time are you a fit for and are you available?

5. How many total years of experience do you have working full-time?

6. Are you currently employed?

7. Please describe the industry of your current employer (must be related to oil/gas)

8. If unemployed, when were you last employed full time?

9. How many total years of experience do you have working full-time in the oil or gas industry?

10. Which of the following best describes your current employment situation?

a. I’m content with my current situation, and am not actively seeking a change

b. I’m content with my current situation, but am exploring a change

c. I’m not content with my current situation, and am exploring a change

d. I’m not content with my current situation, and am actively seeking a change

11. What type of engineer are you?

12. Are there any oil and gas companies that you would not want to work for?

13. Have you participated in a focus group discussion session in the last 6 months?

Udate: Compensation for engineers with over 15 years experience (Groups 2 & 4) has been raised to $300.

Also, another group of 5-15 year engineers has been added in Houston on 3/10/11 at 6 pm.

Thanks for everybody who has responded so far. Need more.

UPATE: Group 4 (New Orleans at 4 pm on Friday 3/11/11) is now accepting Engineers with 10+ years (instead of 15 years) experience.

and

All groups are now full except for Group 4.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. Hard to tell how many came from this board, but hopefully it was quite a few.

Back