Engineering Dictionary

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EL CID

Reaction score
Any advice on a Civil Engineering Dictionary - I am taking Civil - Transportation in April.

Thanks

I found the CERM by Lindeburg had a thorough enough glossary that I didn't need a dictionary, although others have found bringing one was helpful.

I checked out a Civil Engineering Dictionary from the local University of which I am an alumni. I think alumni can check it out for 30 days and general public for 10 days or something. I only used it for one question in the morning that I couldn't find in the CERM. It couldn't hurt to have it but I wouldn't drop $100 on a new book that you'll only used once or twice. Use the index of the CERM and you'll be better off.

Yes, i just brought in a small dictionary and used the CERM. I figured if they really wanted to get me on the lingo they could definitely find something... I only used the dictionary once but I believe it helped.

I also would not buy a 100$ engineering dictionary to use one time.. It's a bit of overkill if you ask me.

Because there is so much activity on the board and it's taking up space?
Because it's been asked... and more importantly ANSWERED many times. If you think your (and others) answer here is better than all the other answered in all the other threads, then by all means: add the following disclaimer to your posts:

My answer is so good we should lock this thread and delete all the other answers ever given on any other thread.
And I'll stop pointing to the other threads.

Either way...

Oh, and to answer your specific question: Yes, because there is so much activity on this board but no, not because it's taking up space.

Have a great day!

Because it's been asked... and more importantly ANSWERED many times. If you think your (and others) answer here is better than all the other answered in all the other threads, then by all means: add the following disclaimer to your posts:

And I'll stop pointing to the other threads.

Either way...

Oh, and to answer your specific question: Yes, because there is so much activity on this board but no, not because it's taking up space.

Have a great day!
Wow, a bit cranky aren't we? If you don't want to answer it, just don't... that's the beauty of the internet.

Wow, a bit cranky aren't we? If you don't want to answer it, just don't... that's the beauty of the internet.
See... that's where you're wrong - and twice in one sentence!

I am not cranky. And it's not as simple as "don't participate if you don't like the dialogue". I'll participate wherever I think I can add value.

OK, in light of all this great DC talk of "change and cooperation", I offer you this helpful suggestion: Check out A Much Better Forum than Engineering Boards Will Ever Hope to Be. I think you'd fit in very well over there.

See... that's where you're wrong - and twice in one sentence!
I am not cranky. And it's not as simple as "don't participate if you don't like the dialogue". I'll participate wherever I think I can add value.

OK, in light of all this great DC talk of "change and cooperation", I offer you this helpful suggestion: Check out A Much Better Forum than Engineering Boards Will Ever Hope to Be. I think you'd fit in very well over there.

Very mature of you for linking this kind of childish crap

http://www.f'tard.com/forums/

Try decaf

Back