EEOB - personal tour

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA_PE

engine near
Reaction score
Most of you guys know my son is army EOD and currently stationed Washington DC.  I went to visit him last week and he took me on a personal tour around the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.  The EEOB is immediately adjacent to the west wing of the White House and has the offices for the White House staff members and support.  Secret service is there as well as offices for White House counsel, various cabinet secretaries etc.  the vice-president has an office there too.  We walked over to the west wing entrance door.  We knocked but no one answered. 

DC280779-887A-4FF2-85FE-DB89DE409EDD.jpeg

F8975384-6CD8-4C2D-92DB-6998579DA370.jpeg

EEOB1.jpgEEOB2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Another cool thing was the Harry Truman Bowling Alley.  It was originally in the basement of the west wing and got moved to the EEOB to make room for more office space

bowl1.jpg

bowl2.jpg

bowl3.jpg

bowl4.jpg

Display cases in the first floor had the podium that was used for a number of inaugurations (including Kennedy, where there was a small electrical fire in it during the inaugural address)

podium.jpg

and the chair from the white house barber shop used for a number of administrations

barber1.jpg

Awesome!

I wonder if Donald Trump's iPhone (or whatever he posts to Twitter from) will be displayed in a case there someday,

Latest posts

Back