edit...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McEngr

Reaction score
edited for my own job security... ...sorry guys.

unicorns-rainbow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go after that consulting firm hard. How much worse could it be? Life's too short to hate a major portion of it.

I'm in a similar situation, but at least respect is feigned (though that might be worse...not sure). Still trying to figure my "out," van down by the river and a 100 ski day season sounds fun but might hurt things career wise down the road.

......the unicorn was here.

Get the hell out of there ASAP. Agreed, life is too short to put up with that crap. I'm leaving my current job (last day is November 12) because our whole corporation is screwy, but I wouldn't tolerate a jerk boss either.

Another vote for the Bean Gambit.

But while you're working that out and as soon as you feel like it's better than 60% probable, I suggest a game of Shenanigans with your boss in which you agree to everything he says in the most incompetent, self deprecating way possible, to the point where it eventually makes him look & feel like a fool. I'm talking, "Boss, I was headed for the john, but I wanted to make sure I had your approval, and by the way, should I use three squares or four, and is two flushes appropriate or should I just go with one?"

By the time he figures out that your self-deprecation is really masked snarkiness, you will have that other job lined up and can quit - not to your bosses face, but behind his back to a superior or to HR, as though he's not worthy of your resignation.

Sometimes just thinking about all the ways to mess with someone can make the day a little brighter without actually doing anything jailworthy.

why? a well- placed potato can accomplish the same thing. there's always the sugar in the gas tank. Or thanks to modern technology, liquid glass.

Liquid Glass

why? a well- placed potato can accomplish the same thing. there's always the sugar in the gas tank. Or thanks to modern technology, liquid glass.
Liquid Glass
The potato and sugar methods were debunked in mythbusters.
missed that one. I need to check out their methods and findings. I still not convinced.

Liquid Glass however is real.

I thought glass was technically a slow moving fluid.... or is it an amorphous (sp?) solid?
The product I'm talking about is sodium silicate in solution.

Liquid glass was used in cars in the cash for clunkers program so that those with a car hobby could never use those nasty polluting engines ever again. :censored:

Or get their already-paid-for cars repaired inexpensively. NOOOOooooo... you gotta buy an expensive refurb part or a new $20,000 car. Grrrrr...

Wait a minute... are you guys saying that a government program had unintended consequences?!

So what you're saying is that a government program accomplished the goals it intended?

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm being a bit snarky. I am neither for or against the program. Frankly, could care less either way.

Back