Dumb Winter Drivers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a dusting here the other morning... you would think we had 12 feet of snow with how people were driving. I am confident in my winter driving abilities, but not the other drivers on the road!

Then again I wore my Carhartt for two days and am back to a windbreaker (if that is even needed) for this afternoon's site walk through.

-Ray

They're calling for 3-5 inches now through tomorrow night over at my mom's in eastern Michigan, which of course is where I'm headed for the holiday. And it will be the wet, heavy, sloppy, slippery crap, not the nice fluffy stuff Old as Dirt and I used to enjoy in the upper peninsula. Holiday traffic and dumb winter drivers are bad enough on their own, but now they're going to be put together.

We got 2-4" overnight that started out cold so there was just a thin ice layer. I drive 40 miles of interstate to work on packed snow and ice this morning and did not see a single accident.

"Slicker than a minners-dick" (minnows)

We don't have to worry about snow driving in Atlanta. Oh it snows alright, but as soon as the first snowflake falls, everybody slows down to 5mph to look at it.

Usually it's those damn Yankees:

"Oh moy gawd, look Maury, a snowflake, a snowflake in Atlanta! Who could believe it? Slow down, I want to see it."

^ wow. it's like you were in my car yesterday. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Back