Double Standards

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freon

Reaction score
Ladies, gentlemen and Storm Water Engineers,

Granted I live in God's Chosen Place (Texas), but I saw this article and had to rant a bit:

http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

My son was scolded, but not sent home, for wearing tee-shirt from 2nd Bn/7th Marines because it had a knife on the logo. (His God-Father was the Battalion Commander at the time, in Iraq.)

My niece was sent home from school in rural Nebraska for wearing a 2nd Bn/4th Marines polo shirt (The Magnificant Bastards) because of the "insenstive language".

My daughter was berated by a "teacher" for wearing a RCT-5 (Iraq) Tee shirt to school. (Keep in mind that was the unit where I was athe Regimental Ops Officer and the Regimantal Commander lived 50 yards from my front door). OK, she also recommended the "teacher" a be "removed from the gene pool "in the exchange. Fortuntly the Assistant Principle was a retired Navy Senior Chief Petty Officer...

To paraphrase an old US Army saying, "If you ain't seen the elephant...Shut the Hell up"

Ok, I am done, but if a volunteer fire department can have a "axe" on it's logo and be approved by the school, why can't a logo blessed by the DoD herdry office be given the same status...

I am not a big fan of dog nuts (more of a boob man myself), but it is time for some people to take a sniff of the coffee.

Pardon my spelling, I have been hitting the rum tonight....

Last edited by a moderator:
Who do they think fought in all those wars thehy learn about in history class? Or don't they teach that part anymore? I remember my textbooks were all filled with pictures of cannons and bayonets and stuff.

A friend from work came back from Nigeria yesterday so he came by the house after work and we had a couple. He likes Flor-de-Cana and Coke. I ranted a bit, mainly because we see the public school system going down the drain because of low standards, crappy teachers and "politcal correctness".

Most elementry school teachers I know generally like kids - That is why they went into teaching. But as you go up in grade level; I see the teachers know less and less about the subject they are susposed to teach. When I have four kids at my dining room table almost every evening when I get home asking me to help explain their Algebra homework to them because the "Teacher" just reguratates examples out of the book. Something is not right. My kids (and by default, thier friends) at least have a resource to go to for help.

I ranted a bit, mainly because we see the public school system going down the drain because of low standards, crappy teachers and "politcal correctness".
I come from a family of teachers and even taught myself for a couple of years. What you are seeing today is a result of education being placed under the feds as part of Johnson's Great Society. My aunt was teaching in 1969 in the public schools when the first rules promulgated by DEW (yep, under Johnson, it was the Department of Education and Welfare...kinda 1984ish, huh?) and warned of what was going to happen.

The worst thing that was ever done in this country was the Great Society, even though it had good intentions. It wrecked our education system, and you couldn't have ruined the motivation of the poor to excel anymore if you tried. HUD came out of that debacle, too.

Latest posts

Back