Don't-try-this-at-home Department

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for a giggle. It's fake though. I think it's an add by/for the same people that did one with an aerobatic plane landing successfully after losing a wing in flight.

Good for a giggle. It's fake though. I think it's an add by/for the same people that did one with an aerobatic plane landing successfully after losing a wing in flight.
I saw that one too. The plane flew knife-edge till the last possible moment, then landed on the wheels.

My :BS: detector went off when I saw the one with the plane. Lots of problems with the power-to-weight ratio needed to make that work. Works really well with a 1/3 scale RC plane running a chainsaw motor though.

My :BS: detector went off when I saw the one with the plane. Lots of problems with the power-to-weight ratio needed to make that work. Works really well with a 1/3 scale RC plane running a chainsaw motor though.
Mine did as well. I used to fly RC planes, and I could never make one of them do that, let alone a real plane.

^I never could get one to do that either. One of the tricks for getting an RC plane to do stuff like that is to install gyros like those used to stabilize RC helicopters.

yeah, yeah, its fake. You guys are so rational. It would be pretty cool if that were real though.

Back