Diagnostic EE Power

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^yep. the newer diagnostic reports are really somewhat of a bad thing....IMO it lets people know how many the got right and with they new way they present your areas of weakness it causes more of these sort of threads.

one thing you notice on the diagnostic, it says score of "average" passing examinee, not minimum to passing examinee...you can still score under these and pass the overall as this is the average of those passing

I got 46/80 EE in power CA but when i looked at the diagnostic report the average scores are pretty high. I scored 8/10 in machinery but the average bar still shows high. I dont understand how they come up with the average score.

My weakness was Power System analysis and Special Applications. Can anyone please tell me the best references for these areas ?

Thanks
I got a 7/10 in the machinery area. I was below the avg line. So the avg for machinery must be 8.5/10 for the testing group.

^yep. the newer diagnostic reports are really somewhat of a bad thing....IMO it lets people know how many the got right and with they new way they present your areas of weakness it causes more of these sort of threads.
I agree. The study areas and the knowledge areas (listed on diag) are not consistent. For example, where does the economics questions fit it? I can't look at the 10 knowledge areas and see where economics would fit in. They need a cross reference if their going to to say I need to study the areas I scored low in.

Back