Dammit

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I just remembered that I could have used the $1400 Testmasters Fee as a income tax deduction last yer.

:eek:ldman:

I thought you maxed out your deductions anyway...didn't you say you couldn't get the prius deducted, or am I totally confused?

I thought you maxed out your deductions anyway...didn't you say you couldn't get the prius deducted, or am I totally confused?

I think the prius deduction was a special deduction for fuel efficient cars in households with less than a certain amount of income.

My wife's student loans are like that where they go beyond the max since she went to a private university.

I just remembered that I could have used the $1400 Testmasters Fee as a income tax deduction last yer.

The annoying thing about the work-expense deduction is you can only use it if your work-related deduction would exceed 2% of your income. I've never even come close to that, but $1400 would probably do the trick (though probably not if I was married).

I deducted Testmasters, all of my design guides, the test fee, even my stamp...you name it. It was a very good tax return this year.

The annoying thing about the work-expense deduction is you can only use it if your work-related deduction would exceed 2% of your income. I've never even come close to that, but $1400 would probably do the trick (though probably not if I was married).
Be sure to talk about work every day at lunch with your co-workers, and keep the receipts. :bananalama:

EDIT: I had a brain fart. Nothing to see here.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, that was our “credits” we maxed out last year, I don’t know if there is a limit on deductions.

If our personal taxes were not tied in with my wife’s business I would almost consider the amended return.

Back