Croc's on Planes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I guess now we will all have to see signs at airports the specifically so No Alligators in your carry on luggage (as if that wouldnt be obvious)

http://www.ajc.com/news/croc-on-a-plane-688022.html

Croc on a plane causes fatal crash

A crocodile escaped on an airplane flight over Africa, sparking a stampede onboard that caused the plane to crash, killing 19 passengers and crew, according to press reports.

The crocodile wasn't supposed to be on the plane. It had been hidden in a passenger's bag but got loose and ignited panic onboard, according to the news.com.au website.

The stampede caused the small plane to crash in the Democratic Republic of Congo. A lone survivor told investigators about the crocodile, the website reported.

The crocodile survived but was later killed with a machete by rescuers.

Samuel L Jackson would have been able to take care of the m**** croc on the m***** plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
The crocodile survived but was later killed with a machete by rescuers.
I'm not an animal rights activist by any means, but come on...

So this poor crocodile survived a freakin' plane crash, a plane that he didn't want to be on in the first place, and was killed shortly thereafter. Talk about crappy days.

OK... somebody smuggled a freaking croc onto a plane.

1st question: WTF is wrong with airport security?

2nd question: How big could it be if it fit in sombodys luggage (presumably a carry on since it was in the cabin)? Did everyone really freak out that badly about an ~18" reptile?

Last edited by a moderator:
How big could the damn thing have been to fit in someone's bag? I thought Africans would have been seasoned enough/tough enough to have dealt with a small croc without a crash-inducing panic.

Back