Cost Engineer: Brea, CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cost Engineer

Brea, CA: 2 year contract

Purpose of the position:

To assist with the workload

Requisition Requirements:

 Candidates are required to have 1+ years in Cost Engineering

 Undergraduate degree is required in a related field (Business / Engineering)

Ideal Candidates Will have (preferences):

 Utility experience, specific to Transmission construction / expansion with substations

 Construction management / construction background

Computer Requirements:

• Demonstrated ability or experience with Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)

• Demonstrated ability or experience with Project Controls applications (i.e. Project, Primavera and Contract Manager).

Requirements

 Requires related Project Controls Cost Analyst experience and/or BS Degree in related field

 Experience in project planning support role to large scale construction projects in transmission and sub-station projects

 Requires a minimum of two years of in-depth, verifiable, recent experience using Primavera Project Planner (P6 or latest versions), including

Web version

 Experience and demonstrated understanding of concepts and products developed by the project management tool, i.e.: resource charts, pert charts, Gantt charts, concepts of float, schedule status, revisions, etc

 Experience and ability to consolidate independently generated project data effectively with Construction Coordinators on cross-functional teams

REQUIREMENTS/CORE COMPETENCIES

 • Demonstrated ability to balance and organize multiple projects.

 • Demonstrated ability to review and update scope and progress for construction projects.

 • Demonstrated ability or experience with Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)

 • Demonstrated ability or experience with Project Controls applications (i.e. Project, Primavera and Contract Manager).

 • Demonstrated ability to interface effectively & collaborate with clients/peers/management to successfully meet shifting needs. • Must have strong oral/written communication skills and be able to present technical information in simple, non-technical terms. • Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, participate in the development of the business and

 services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, comply with safety with safety policies, manage information, and

 provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.

 • Must demonstrate effective resource and project coordination, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.

 • Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence, negotiation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.

Responsibilities:

 Basic responsibilities include, but are not limited to, establishing project cost control setup, develop project forecasting, budget monitoring and project cost control functions

 Will work with construction coordinators, site construction manager, project engineers, project managers and supervisor of generation planning & engineering

 Provide weekly reports and memos of project issues and progress and accomplishments of project objectives and schedule deadlines

Back