Construction module Practice problem book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ngnrd said:
I was not impressed with the previous Ruwan book I bought. It had a LOT of mistakes in it, and the crayon drawings were a poor excuse for diagrams. This one still looks like the diagrams were drawn up by a five-year-old. I will say that there was some good information in it. And I can see how it could be useful for someone with little construction background. Hopefully they actually proofed it this time.
I did the sample exam in the Construction Module Practice Porblem book. I got only 17. Is the sample exam in this book too difficult? any info appreciated

Looks like you have some work ahead of you, I did not find any of the sample exams to be nearly as difficut as the real thing. Please note that all the samples exams (most important the NCEES) cover the same material but at a lower level of effort, so take the problem and research the approprite reference in detail and be prepared to put more detail into each problem.

I think the critisims of Ruwan are justified, however, he does cover some material pretty well. For the price is a good reference but in need of some major work. I would not pass it up until I was sure there are other references to cover all the topics on the NCEES list.

ngnrd said:
I was not impressed with the previous Ruwan book I bought. It had a LOT of mistakes in it, and the crayon drawings were a poor excuse for diagrams. This one still looks like the diagrams were drawn up by a five-year-old. I will say that there was some good information in it. And I can see how it could be useful for someone with little construction background. Hopefully they actually proofed it this time.

I agree with you. I had the Second Edition and was completely unimpressed with the diagrams and examples. I did purchase the Third Edition in hopes that this issue was corrected and they formatted the book so that it was not laid out like a jumbled mess of professor notes......

....unfortunately, it is more of the same. There is added information regarding productivity rates and OSHA info...but not exactly useful. I would only recommend this book if you have very limited experience within the construction field. Otherwise, for those more familiar with the activities covered within the Construction Module, I believe you will be just as disappointed in this book as I am.

Back