Complex Imaginary Test 1 Problem 11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildsoldier PE

Reaction score
I went thru the morning section on this test and I dont agree with question 11 result.

For complex power

At 3 phase not single phase

I line = S(total)/(Vline to line x Square(3))

This equation doesnt matter if it is Y or Delta

The result show that the I line = 794A, According to the description is not required to use Square(3).....I accept that if the motor is a 2.4KV is line to line and the motor is a single phase motor. But the statement says that the motor is 3-phase so you need to multiply 2.4KV line to line by square of 3 to get the 3 phase voltage.

answer shall be 458Amps

I went thru the morning section on this test and I dont agree with question 11 result.
For complex power

The result show that the I line = 794A, According to the description is not required to use Square(3).....I accept that if the motor is a 2.4KV is line to line and the motor is a single phase motor. But the statement says that the motor is 3-phase so you need to multiply 2.4KV line to line by square of 3 to get the 3 phase voltage.

answer shall be 458Amps

I get 458 Amps also.

For complex power

answer shall be 458Amps

I get 458 Amps also.
You are correct. I emailed Complex Imaginary directly on Thursday and he is putting together an ERRATA and actually sent me a copy of it.

I believe a couple of your other questions were fixed in this as well, but I dont have it in front of me. Just shoot him an email at the contact info from his website.

Yes, snerts50 is correcnt. Errata have been issued for this via email. If you have not received it, please contact me.

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back