Christmas lights 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clear, multicolor, or monocolor (which color?)

• Clear

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Multi-color

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Mono-color

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
None. Bah. Humbug.

Some years I put flicker-flame candle lights in the windows though.

we put multicolor on the tree. We don't put lights up outside. But IF we did they would have to be the same. It drives me bonkers seeing houses with mixed lights, some multi color some clear, some single color. PIck a scheme and stick to it.

Multicolor on the real tree, clear on the two fake trees (which you can see from outside). Also, only clear on the outside decorations.

Our house is not visible from any road plus its an A-frame, so I've convinced the wife it would be pointless to put any up outside. She does go all out on the inside though. Every surface gets some decoration. All the little trees get some sort of lights. I voted multi color, but now that I think about it, we have multi color on the main tree and clear on all the little ones.

Ha! We just had this discussion yesterday...I actually prefer white lights on the tree, but Mr. etex likes multi-colored ones...I never told him 'til yesterday...GASP. We still have multicolored lights on our tree though. Oh, the sacrifices we make.

Outside is a mix of multi-colored and white, absolutely NO LED lights, though. Can't stand them for Christmas lights.

Naw, I think your eyes are just slowing down.

But seriously, my mom's neighbor has his lights set to the Epilepitic Seizure flash rate.

White outside.... White and blue LED on the inside fake tree... I guess we do have a tiny fake tree on the porch that has white and blue LEDs....

I got the new LEDs for the outside trees, but still are using the traditional yellow/clear for the house. I want to upgrade those to LED's for next year through the post-xmas sales along with a new fake xmas tree.

Back