Chicago Food Must Haves

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a hot dog cart outside of the aquarium which is apparently a big favorite for pregnant women.

Al's Beef in downtown was on Man V Food, so we had to go there on our trip to Chi Town 2 years ago, it was awesome and I highly recommend it. Giordanos was amazing, I know you went, but anyone else I don't think you'll find a better Chicago style pizza...

We travel quite a bit and I'm a miser (so I'm told by my wifey), anyway we do a lot of VBRO, but for Chicago we worked with a property management company called Bridgestreet. They have several upscale apartments in downtown Chicago and several cities around the country. We had a very nice, well furnished apartment overlooking Millennium park with a covered rooftop pool and two bedrooms for less than we could book a downtown hotel...

Just note that I think they aren't open on Sundays. The last time we tried to go we couldn't bc they were closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're headed to the Field Museum. That's kinda near the aquarium, right?

My kid is wicked excited to see Sue the T-Rex. I am, too.

Make sure you see find the man-eating lions of Tsavo - pretty cool story behind them.

Also, fresh Garrett's caramel popcorn from one of their stores - yummy...........

Al's Beef in downtown was on Man V Food, so we had to go there on our trip to Chi Town 2 years ago, it was awesome and I highly recommend it. Giordanos was amazing, I know you went, but anyone else I don't think you'll find a better Chicago style pizza...
Giordanos, like Gino's east, has a really thin sauce....it's pizza, you shouldn't have sauce dripping down your wrist while eating.

We're headed to the Field Museum. That's kinda near the aquarium, right?

My kid is wicked excited to see Sue the T-Rex. I am, too.

Make sure you see find the man-eating lions of Tsavo - pretty cool story behind them.

Also, fresh Garrett's caramel popcorn from one of their stores - yummy...........

Never had that fresh, but it was included in one of the packages I bought and had shipped...

Back