Chicago Food Must Haves

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csb

Reaction score
I'll be in Chicago this weekend for about 20 hours and then again in May for a training. What are the must haves for food? I've had Giordano's and we're planning a Chicago-style hot dog this trip, but I'd like to hear what to eat and where to eat it.

(God grant eternal rest to VTE and may perpetual light shine upon him. I just thought of him when I wrote that last phrase. RIP)

Lou's!!! There are locations downtown. I dunno if portillos has any places in the city also super yummy.

Super Dawg www.superdawg.com/

there is also a 3 story Italian place where the floor essentially dictates the quality. the ground floor is the fast food italian. 2nd floor is a small cozy family italian and the third floor is the fancy white table cloth sort of place

I heard that depending on when you go there, it's more of a tourist attraction than a restaurant
true. If i remember correctly pizzeria uno is more of a sports bar atmosphere lots of tv etc.... pizzeria due had a roof top outdoor eating area and more casual atmosphere... but it has been several years

it is a total hole in the wall but within walking distance of the USEPA Region 5 bldg, across from the jail is a dive called grills gone wild. took forever but the food was yummy.

there is also a 3 story Italian place where the floor essentially dictates the quality. the ground floor is the fast food italian. 2nd floor is a small cozy family italian and the third floor is the fancy white table cloth sort of place

Is it Italian Villages?

And the May trip is May 19-22 in Evanston.

Is it Italian Villages?

And the May trip is May 19-22 in Evanston.
Yes!!!

The one room in there is trippy. It's really dark and the statue behind the bar looks like a weird stripper stage. The food was good!

Lou Malnati's--- Pizza

Portillo's--- Italian Beef Sandwiches

Manny's Deli

Carson Ribs

and of course a hot dog

These foods we pay large amounts of money to get them shipped to us... and are on my list of places to go in person

Lou Malnalit's is AWESOME.

We ate on the 3rd floor, was pretty dang good. My wife saw it on Travel Channel, so we had to try it.

Back