Chelapati for Structural Depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridgewoman7

Reaction score
I've seen the rave reviews for Chelapati's workbooks & manuals for geotech...but can anyone give any feedback on the structural series? Are the manuals or the workbooks a better buy? :w00t:

Thanks!

bridgewoman --

I borrowed copies of the workbooks for geotech, environmental, transporation, and water resources depth and thought they were excellent. I did not have the oppurtunity to view the structural depth workbooks, but noted that they are a bit more complicated because they break them down into two different volumes: Volume 1 (Structural Analysis and Concrete Design) and Volume 2 (Steel Design LRFD, Timber Design, and Masonry Design). If you go to http://www.pedp.com and look under the Workbooks link on the left-hand side, you can view the Table of Contents for each volume to get an idea of what is covered.

As with any code driven publication, I would be most concerned to make sure that problems are up-to-date with relevant codes. Other than that, you can peruse the TOC and try to determine the relative strengths of each text.

JR

Thanks for the info, JR.

I'm trying to get everything in line to start studying for Oct exam. After looking at all the references & study materials, I'm leaning more towards Geotech PM. Eek!

Latest posts

Back