• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ChE Study materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagget

Reaction score
Passed April 08 Chemical PE exam and all study materials are available:

Chemical Engineering Reference Manual, 5th Edition by Randall Robinson: Not as large as the 6th edition, but all the fluff from the 6th edition is missing...only the stuff you need to work towards exam. I found this book better than 6th on combustion, kinetics, rate of mass transfer and diffusion. The practice problems labeled "time limit one hour" kicked my butt. $35

Solutions Manual for above, by Randall Robinson. $25

Chemical Engineering Reference Manual 6th Edition by M. Lindenberg. The currently available book from that other site. Good and more readable, much more reference data. Despite the things that I found wrong with it, this was my workhorse during the exam. $90

Practice Problems for Chemical Enginnering PE Exam, M. Lindenberg. Companion problems book to 6th edition ChERM. $35

Chemical Engineering Solved Problem, by N. S. Nandagopal. A good problem book, but the various problems build on each other in many cases, so if you get the first part wrong the remaining 3 or 4 answers will be wrong. Good practice either way and the time needed for each is very much like the timing for the test. $25

Six Minute Solutiions for Chemical PE Exam Problems, by Vasquez and Zinn. Some, actually, can't be done in six minutes, the its a good title. More practice problems. $ 25

NCEES Chemical Engineering Sample Questions and Solutions. The must have problem book. $25

The reference manuals still have my tabs on them, my notes and corrections, my highlights of important things. They are not beat up, but they were well and carefully used and are not "like-new" As far as I know, none of the problems books has any answers marked (right or wrong) though they show usual wear from a 16 to 18 week study regime.

Whole mess for $200 plus actual shipping. I take paypal, checks or money orders. Hopefully these help someone.

Do you still have the books?

Passed April 08 Chemical PE exam and all study materials are available:
Chemical Engineering Reference Manual, 5th Edition by Randall Robinson: Not as large as the 6th edition, but all the fluff from the 6th edition is missing...only the stuff you need to work towards exam. I found this book better than 6th on combustion, kinetics, rate of mass transfer and diffusion. The practice problems labeled "time limit one hour" kicked my butt. $35

Solutions Manual for above, by Randall Robinson. $25

Chemical Engineering Reference Manual 6th Edition by M. Lindenberg. The currently available book from that other site. Good and more readable, much more reference data. Despite the things that I found wrong with it, this was my workhorse during the exam. $90

Practice Problems for Chemical Enginnering PE Exam, M. Lindenberg. Companion problems book to 6th edition ChERM. $35

Chemical Engineering Solved Problem, by N. S. Nandagopal. A good problem book, but the various problems build on each other in many cases, so if you get the first part wrong the remaining 3 or 4 answers will be wrong. Good practice either way and the time needed for each is very much like the timing for the test. $25

Six Minute Solutiions for Chemical PE Exam Problems, by Vasquez and Zinn. Some, actually, can't be done in six minutes, the its a good title. More practice problems. $ 25

NCEES Chemical Engineering Sample Questions and Solutions. The must have problem book. $25

The reference manuals still have my tabs on them, my notes and corrections, my highlights of important things. They are not beat up, but they were well and carefully used and are not "like-new" As far as I know, none of the problems books has any answers marked (right or wrong) though they show usual wear from a 16 to 18 week study regime.

Whole mess for $200 plus actual shipping. I take paypal, checks or money orders. Hopefully these help someone.

Back