Can Anyone Recommend a Good Linear Algebra Book?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
Basically what the title says. Thought I would check in this forum as I'm guessing a number of members here are still doing their undergrad. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

For an undergrad level course, just about any textbook would work. Thats's part of the reason there are so many of them. If you are looking to progress to graduate linear algebra, then I would use a text that is analytically heavy with a strong use of proofs instead of a 'repeat the example on different problems' approach.

For an undergrad level course, just about any textbook would work. Thats's part of the reason there are so many of them. If you are looking to progress to graduate linear algebra, then I would use a text that is analytically heavy with a strong use of proofs instead of a 'repeat the example on different problems' approach.
Thanks for the reply SSmith. This is a graduate level course and the text for which is difficult to follow. It jumps around and really only goes through proofs and theorems without citing any meaningful examples. Which makes it difficult for me to learn certain concepts and complete homework assignments. From reviews and suggestions on other websites, I ended up ordering this book to supplement the course text. Hopefully this will help. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Back