Camera recommendations......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Well I'm trying to find the wife something for Christmas.. I've got it down to a camera I think...

Even though I own a Leica M4 and a Hassleblad ( inherited from grand dad) I don't really know jack shit about cameras...

I'm looking at one of the Cannon EOS Rebel T3? Something in the $300 range?

We have one of those cannons you can put in your pocket and looking for something a little better...

Any experts out there? I haven't read much bad about the cannon rebel in the past?

We just got the Canon T3 during Black Friday. It works really well, but I would really suggest getting the 75-300mm lens.

The auto function on the camera is great, but of you learn all the tricks you can take near pro level photos yourself. There are tons of videos on YouTube on how to work it.

Just saw an ad from HHGregg for the T3 with the standard lens, the 75-300mm lens, a 8GB card, and a bag for $449. I don't think you can beat that price. May be a available online as well.

The wife and I got this one from the In-Laws as an early xmas gift:

Nikon Coolpix AW100 Waterproof Camera

DSCF3424.jpg

We do a lot of shit outside, and don't like to worry about drops or spills. We were looking for a good replacement to our olympuss that took a crap in Central America.

So far I'm very impressed, turn-on time and shots are very quick, takes very nice quality video. A whole lot better than the O. Here's a good review.

I'm not really a photography guru, but when I was looking at cameras a few years ago, this website really helped me compare camera models and their specs. I really liked their in-depth reviews and actual sample photos that were provided. Once you narrow down a couple cameras you are looking at, try looking them up on that website for additional insight.

daughter snagged this pic while hiking with the Cannon Rebel... Speed was pretty good.. I need to get her into some classes.....

mini avalanche.. funny thing was how loud it was!

avalanche_by_keai_west-d7kk33v.png

Back