Calling all Construction Engineers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desantmf

Professional Engineer
Reaction score
As you all know there is really NOT a lot of good construction engineering depth material out there for the PE exam.  I passed the exam in APR 12 and thought it was a pretty easy exam after expecting it to be really difficult.  So after the exam i started putting together study material and example problems to help out fellow engineers and future PEs so they don't have to spend $1500 for a review course on top of the $800 for required references plus $200-$800 application/registration fee.  

I am continuing to work on this, but i thought i would ask this forum if there is anyone Interested in helping me out.  I am looking for some people to check and add to my work, suggest some example problems and ways to improve.

Please pm me if you are interested.  Thanks

www.learncivilengineering.com

Once upon a time, I had the same idea for the PE exam in general and procured a license for pbworks. Take a look at https://civilengineers-penotes.pbworks.com to see what's started. Unfortunately, very few (and I do mean VERY few) people wanted to collaborate. Many were willing to look at it (and presumably use it) but it was just too much work to do without the help of the community. As an example, see the history of https://civilengineers-penotes.pbworks.com/w/page/44171435/Hydraulics

IIPadrio, Yeah, I have tried to get on to that site before and have never been able too. I think it is a great idea, and hopefully I can get some more people to help. Even the guys that haven't passed the test can help. Trying to teach a subject is one of the best ways to retain knowledge. Can you let me know how to sign on to that site. I put in my email and password and still nothing.

Thanks

IIPadrio, Yeah, I have tried to get on to that site before and have never been able too. I think it is a great idea, and hopefully I can get some more people to help. Even the guys that haven't passed the test can help. Trying to teach a subject is one of the best ways to retain knowledge. Can you let me know how to sign on to that site. I put in my email and password and still nothing.

Thanks
I came back to this topic to see what ever happened and I see I missed your question. Do you have a pbworks account? What e-mail address?

PM sent, also you are right not much interest in this from this board. But I will continue to work on it @ www.learncivilengineering.com with the few that want to help, but all are welcome to review and use too.

I am new to this site. But I have been looking for review material for awhile now. I just spent some time looking at your site and it looks pretty fantastic so far. I look forward to exploring it more.

Harleydavis, That is great. Are you taking the PE Exam this April? Let us know if you have any questions.

Back