California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked my NCEES account it says " NCEES does not release results from this board". Maybe after New years Ill get it.

And all this time I was hoping to get my results before the end of the world. We will all go down without knowing. What a horrible way to go down.

my ncees does not say anything about not releasing the results from this board. just says Exam results/diagnostics not yet available

I checked my NCEES account it says " NCEES does not release results from this board". Maybe after New years Ill get it.
Where does it say that?
On my ncees account, on the right column of my exam history.

What do you mean what place/state I took it?
All this means is NCEES does not release the state specific exams, CA Survey and Seismic Principles. NCEES will release your 8-hour results once the Board tells them they can release them, upon which NCEES will email you letting you know to go check your account. In the past, the Survey and Seismic results came within a week of the 8-hour results. My suspicion about why it seems to be taking longer is because the Board wants to release the results of all 3 exams at the same time, thus the state specific exams are probably holding up the 8 hour results.

Where does it say that?

All this means is NCEES does not release the state specific exams, CA Survey and Seismic Principles. NCEES will release your 8-hour results once the Board tells them they can release them, upon which NCEES will email you letting you know to go check your account. In the past, the Survey and Seismic results came within a week of the 8-hour results. My suspicion about why it seems to be taking longer is because the Board wants to release the results of all 3 exams at the same time, thus the state specific exams are probably holding up the 8 hour results.
I second this, this is the first time they've dealt with the Seismic being computer-based, no?

Where does it say that?

I second this, this is the first time they've dealt with the Seismic being computer-based, no?
I'll come in third and agree with this ideology.

Yes, this was the first seismic exam that was CBT. I also think they may have been surprised by the results (good or bad), therefore are taking longer at analysis of the scores. Again, the reason behind all of the effort done by the Board at looking at the scores is to keep the high standard of the CA PE. We can joke that it's just a scan tron and computer based tests that know the results almost instantly, but the real effort is making sure exam after exam meets the same standard, which is why the percentages change each round of exams.

I believe April was the first CBT testing but either way I am sure there are still kinks to get out. NCEES does not release state specific test results which is probably why it says that on your myNCEES.

I believe April was the first CBT testing but either way I am sure there are still kinks to get out. NCEES does not release state specific test results which is probably why it says that on your myNCEES.
April's CBT was only the Survey exam. This was the first time the seismic exam was a CBT.

27 minutes until we will know that results aren't coming out today. (unless the Board is working OT but given the ongoing fiscal crisis in CA that is unlikely)

The Board is opened Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., except for State holidays.

I for one am most concerned with the 8hr exam anyway. I wish they would just release the results for that and then tell us about seismic and surveying when they get around to it. (next year)

I for one am most concerned with the 8hr exam anyway. I wish they would just release the results for that and then tell us about seismic and surveying when they get around to it. (next year)
I second that and we should begin picketing infront of the board office if we see no results.

April's CBT was only the Survey exam. This was the first time the seismic exam was a CBT.
Wow that must have been a giant cluster to have the seismic on paper and then move to a CBT for the surveying. Was it the same format as before for the 8 hr + surveying, then you just had to go take the seismic at a testing center?

It must suck still not knowing but you CA engineers should take pride in your state's stringent licensing requirements. I used to live in LA... and there's really not much else to take pride in over there

LOL :p

With my luck, tomorrow we will get the results, I would have passed, but too bad...the world ended. :poop:

You should be receiving your email from NCEES for California results very soon.

State Exam results and licensing letters will be mailed out by the end of the day today.

License Lookup should be updated by Monday morning.

Good luck to everyone

Back