California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are "all requirements" that have to be ensured they are being met? Shouldn't this have been done before approving applicants to sit for the exam? Given this isn't the first exam ever taken up by the state, I'm sure based on past exams a reasonable estimate can be given as to when results are expected to be released.

But thanks for coming on CAPSL, and providing a "reason".

CAPLS. Thanks for addressing our concern. I can surely understand the time needed for boards to finalize the results and verify that candidates are meeting the requirements. There is possibly a way streamline the process in the future.

Hope to see them soon

CAPLS

I really think your explanation is inadequate. NCEES puts the test together they grade the test, in fact they also determine the passing grade. In fact the cost of the test in now close to $400.00, more than $100.00 than the April 2012 exam. Since it has been 8 weeks since we took the exam and 4 months since we turned in our applications the verification should have been done along time ago. Also TX released their results the same day NCEES released the exam results to the board, so it seems like such a Big state doesn't have a hard time with their verification, maybe you should call them. You could learn something. It sounds like the only reason your holding up the results is because you can. That is pathetic as is your explanation.

:appl:

CAPLS

I really think your explanation is inadequate. NCEES puts the test together they grade the test, in fact they also determine the passing grade. In fact the cost of the test in now close to $400.00, more than $100.00 than the April 2012 exam. Since it has been 8 weeks since we took the exam and 4 months since we turned in our applications the verification should have been done along time ago. Also TX released their results the same day NCEES released the exam results to the board, so it seems like such a Big state doesn't have a hard time with their verification, maybe you should call them. You could learn something. It sounds like the only reason your holding up the results is because you can. That is pathetic as is your explanation.

You guys must be young booty and green behind the ears. You do realize that we are a bigger state than texas and have additional exams, such as the seismic and the survey for the civil pe. Just relax and wait for the results. Bitching and wining will not give you a passgrade.

CAPLS

Dude!

CAPLS comes on here (which he doesn't have to) to give an explanation to what's going on and just because you don't like the answer, you have a temper tantrum and act like a spoiled brat? You need to grow up! I'm not sure I want you in my profession if this is how you respond when things don't go your way.........

Okay, I'm going to add my 5 cents to the conversation. The wait, as excruciating as it may seem, is much shorter than it used to be. The fact that the CA board not only acknowledges, but listens and replies to posts at engineerboards proves that the board is effective, and that the customer service has vastly improved. Back when the board had the old format, there was a pinned post of the historic reporting dates by state. CA was always last. That has improved. I know many of you think that it’s easy for me to say, but I do remember waiting, and pressing F5 like a crack monkey. Just enjoy your family and the holiday season and be sure that the CA board is doing everything they can to release the results as fast as they can if for no other reason than to keep all of you from calling them. I remember when I was waiting, and Ric would respond we questioned if he was even real or not and made up acronyms for his name like Response Integrated Program. It’s Christmas for everyone right now. Half the CA staff may be on leave spending time with their family. I know if I had use or lose, I’d be using it right now to let my kids know how much I love them. If you passed, you’ll pass today, or you’ll pass in two weeks. If you failed, you really don’t want to know until after Christmas anyway. I know this will fall on many a deaf ear, but Good luck to all of you, and I hope to see you in the club soon…at least within two weeks.

Merry Christmas.

You all have the right to your opinion, I got no problem with that. I also got the right to my opinion and I stated it in words that most people would use on a message board. I didn't cuss or threaten anybody, I simply stated my frustration. Do I actually believe the board is stuck on stupid? Of course not. So to any of you who were offended by what I wrote, that is too bad! I have a right to voice my frustration as any of you would do and I am sure have done so in some manner or another. As for this dude from the board that responded to my post, he should realize this. And then the explanation he gave was weak at best. Sorry I am just calling it like I see it, if you don't like it oh well.

You all have the right to your opinion, I got no problem with that. I also got the right to my opinion and I stated it in words that most people would use on a message board. I didn't cuss or threaten anybody, I simply stated my frustration. Do I actually believe the board is stuck on stupid? Of course not. So to any of you who were offended by what I wrote, that is too bad! I have a right to voice my frustration as any of you would do and I am sure have done so in some manner or another. As for this dude from the board that responded to my post, he should realize this. And then the explanation he gave was weak at best. Sorry I am just calling it like I see it, if you don't like it oh well.
...the kid has spoken...

you are correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but whatever you say or do will not change your result. So just relax and enjoy the ride.

Good luck getting through life with that attitude. I hope things work out for you.

And it's fine to voice your opinion. Just be professional about it. Call Ric and talk about it rather than hide behind an anonymous keyboard on a message board.

Lbkid will not be joining us for dinner tonight.

banned.jpg

Thank you VTEnviro!

Just because people have the right to their own opinion doesn't always mean they need to supply it!

In my opinion, CAPLS, was gracious enough to supply an answer from the board, and the last thing we want to do is discourage the board members from providing answers and listening to our input by insulting them for no reason...had it been an issue between two normal EB members, kid would probably have a saving grace, but don't insult the people who are grading our exams and providing our professional registrations!

Well said - they are people just like the ones of us who are waiting. In the long run whats the difference between knowing now and knowing 2 weeks from now?

Back