California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reacted to their FB post with sad if it makes anyone feel better.

bahahaha Darth Nick is the best. I wonder who does the social media for BPELSG...

whaattt no comments in this thread in last 25 mins??????? Everybody lost hope???
I am pretty disheartened. I am on the east coast, so for me this saga just gets extended by 3 hours. I wake up in the morning anxious for 11 o'clock to roll around so it can be normal working hours in CA, then I worry until 8-9pm, at the end of those working hours. I am on edge pretty much the entire day. Again, pretty sure I failed. I just want to know...

I am pretty disheartened. I am on the east coast, so for me this saga just gets extended by 3 hours. I wake up in the morning anxious for 11 o'clock to roll around so it can be normal working hours in CA, then I worry until 8-9pm, at the end of those working hours. I am on edge pretty much the entire day. Again, pretty sure I failed. I just want to know...
Is there a way to take the exams out in NJ?

That depends on which state you want to give you the license.
Ya I was curious if you can take the California specific exams outside of California or do you have to fly in to take them. Also why would you get a PE in cali if you are in NJ? Planning to move out here? you do work out here?

That depends on which state you want to give you the license.
Yes but you can apply for reciprocity. A lot of people in NY take it in CA because New York requires 5 years. Then they just apply for reciprocity (which is still a lengthy process, but not 3 years lengthy) and it's done. 

you can bring it in to NJ before the 4 years? FYI Texas is allowing people to take the PE exam with no experience. You have to get the experience to get your PE.

you can bring it in to NJ before the 4 years? FYI Texas is allowing people to take the PE exam with no experience. You have to get the experience to get your PE.
I heard about that after I applied in California. It didn't matter, I wouldn't have taken it if I didn't feel qualified. I only started thinking about the PE after a couple of years of experience, and my work starting date made it so I would be eligible to apply after 4.5 years actually (you have to have 4 full years before the application due date, and I was 5 days short). Now I have 4 full years and if I don't pass I'll be close to the NY 5 year requirement, but the application process was such a pain in the ass, that I rather apply for reciprocity and fly to CA again to retake it, then apply anew again and wait for approval. I got my approval back at the end of September, less than a month before the exam. It was a nightmare. 

Ya I was curious if you can take the California specific exams outside of California or do you have to fly in to take them. Also why would you get a PE in cali if you are in NJ? Planning to move out here? you do work out here?
As the tests are given at the Prometric Centers, you can take it in any state. 

Good luck.

We are on page 17 now of the thread... more than last year... it is setting up a bad precedent for future "result awaiters" :)

So, I just registered on this forum to be able to answer this. You can take CA specific exams outside of California. I live in New Jersey as well, took the NCEES test last October and took the Survey/Seismic at a Prometric facility in NJ this past October... (and am anxiously waiting the results along with the rest of you)..

Back