Cable / Direct TV

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like the peace of mind the landline has in an emergency if something happens to me with just minisnick around if he can just simply dial 911 without being able to fully tell them what is wrong they will still be able to find me.
I guess i speak from experience. when I was probably 5 yrs old, my mom slipped and went tumbling down the stairs while she was going down with a laundry basket in hand. It took some doing, since the phone was wall mounted, but I managed to get the phone and call 911. Then got the address book and called a friends mom. She had dislocated her shoulder in the fall and couldn't get up because the basket had sort of pinned her in the 3'x3' area at the bottom of the steps.
Not to mention that you knew where the phone was because it had a cord on it.

^^^that it did. one of those super long ones so it could reach the other end of the hosue and it usually got all twisted up on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S. - Google Voice rocks! :bananalama:
Agreed, but the voicemail transcription sucks. If they get half the words right, I am surprised. I can't believe they can't do better.
Yea, I won't hold that against Google though since I'm unaware of any other phone provider that gives you a similar service. You can usually get the gist of the topic of a voicemail from the voice transcription. That can let you know if the voicemail is important enough to listen to right away.

Back