Busted for being a creeper 👀

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
let me know when the big googlefest is.  I'm in.  How would an app know it was a "41 year old female from _______" that googled?  I thought the best they could do was an IP and maybe an address.  You're not the only one at that address (could've been Mr. Fraz, one of the kids, or any guest at your house.  He was bluffing and you fell into the trap.  I concur that he's the weirdo for calling you out on it.
The only thing I can think of is that it’s matched to your device.  And in that case it must be Google giving out the information since how else would they be able to get demographic and location info?  (So maybe i can still be a creeper from Bing 😁)

If you will be working with him a lot, I say just come clean and be honest that you were checking your own info, and got sucked into the rabbit hole of checking others. Sorry, won't happen again, etc. Best to get the weird feelings out of the way now, so you can move forward in a professional way.
Thats exactly how I responded, though it came out like a long-winded lame excuse. 

so no spamfest then?😞
I’m sort of waiting to see where it goes.  If he brings it up again, it’s on!  But since I have to work with him so much I dont want to cross a line.  In the meantime i might just start googling him every day with funny stuff in the searches to test the water.  He’s going to regret ever telling me he gets alerts.

but ive also been looking it up and everything ive read says there’s no way to see who or when someone googles you.  The only exception is if you have a website and I click on it, then you can get information about who is visiting and how they got to your site.  I cant remember if I clicked on any sites.

Latest posts

Back