Build the Death Star!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Those who sign here petition the United States government to secure funding and resources, and begin construction on a Death Star by 2016.

By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense.
https://petitions.wh...r-2016/wlfKzFkN

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this one be built with that inherent design flaw that a simple proton torpedo fired down an unshielded exhaust vent will cause catastrophic system failure?

Or perhaps we should make two - one with, one without.

Or what bout not building the tunnel or maybe putting some type of "shield" on it?

^ nah they have to use galactic union labor. This will impact the schedule quite a bit...

I just hope they include bathrooms on it this time. I did not see a single bathroom on the Death Star, either in the movie, or in the blueprints and cross sections books I bought... "for my son".

^I'm finding all sorts of fun toys "for my son" these days. I think my old RC hobby is about to get new life next year...you know....so my kid can learn how much fun can be had with RC cars and planes.

Will this one be built with that inherent design flaw that a simple proton torpedo fired down an unshielded exhaust vent will cause catastrophic system failure? Or perhaps we should make two - one with, one without.
Or what bout not building the tunnel or maybe putting some type of "shield" on it?
I did a search on "exhaust port flap" and found this. Proton torpedo problem solved I think.

402695.jpg

Heh heh heh, Death Star destroyed for want of a $30 flapper. Stupid Imperials. :)

The Obama administration has taken action as a result of the Death Star petition!

/>http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/16/white-house-now-requires-we-the-people-petitions-to-have-100000-signatures-for-official-response/

^^^ If you get The Oatmeal behind your cause, he can get your 100k signatures in about 12hours...

Back