Blackburn vs GE vs Pathankar

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Messi

Reaction score
I know there is lot of Protection material out there but can anyone tell which one is the best book to review for the exam ? I have all of them but I definitely dont have the time to go through them all. I have studied from Blackburn for Protection course I took in my MS class, definitely not fun to read but it has some good examples. From what I've looked so far, Pathankar doesnt have lot of example problems, correct me if Im wrong. I plan on taking 2 of the 3  books to the exam.

I know there is lot of Protection material out there but can anyone tell which one is the best book to review for the exam ? I have all of them but I definitely dont have the time to go through them all. I have studied from Blackburn for Protection course I took in my MS class, definitely not fun to read but it has some good examples. From what I've looked so far, Pathankar doesnt have lot of example problems, correct me if Im wrong. I plan on taking 2 of the 3  books to the exam.
I am 100% on the Paithankar train. Easy to ready, doesn't have many examples but the ones it does have are pretty in depth. While doing practice exams i have definitely found myself looking in it for answers. I looked through blackburn early on, got nothing from it. GE is a little bit better, but it lacks in examples I am going to take IEEE 242 and Paithankar into the exam.

To answer your question, if it wasnt clear Paithankar book for studying bring GE or blackburn for reference if a strange question pops up

Back