Becoming quite demoralized during prep for FE certification

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connormg1188

Reaction score
I’ve been studying for several months for the Electrical and Computer FE certification with a paper practice test containing 100 questions and I’ve started to feel great about my proficiency.
A few days ago I decided to purchase the online 50 question practice exam to see what the actual test would be like and wouldn’t get any curve balls.
As soon as I got started I realized that EVERYTHING was completely different than what I’ve been studying for the better part of a year. I wasn’t expecting to see the same questions with values changed but >90% of this thing was totally different conceptually.

I’m worried I have to essentially start back from square one with my prep and then may see the same kind of thing during the actual exam.

Should I be worried that the same thing will happen if I study and learn the 50 question online practice exam when I enter the actual test where the majority of the thing seems alien to me? What should I actually expect from the test?

Thanks

Back