Barnes & Noble: The Final Chapter?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got my daughter a nook for her birthday it was around $150.00

She likes it but it , its a good bit less than the ipad, But more than fine for a kid..She likes to read all those warrior cat books so this way we don't have to go to store every weekend...

I don't like to admit that I read but when I do I prefer an actual book..

I finally figured out how to use the iPad as an FTP site (which is how I got tapatalk to work). Was pretty cool...

Totally agree with KF. I actually hacked my own nook but only rooted the micro SD card. Back then it was a cheap tablet.

Now its simply cheaper/better to buy a Nexus 7 from the Google play store.

I don't understand how places like Barnes & Noble made it BEFORE iPad's and Kindle's. See, there are these amazing places called libraries and in these places you are allowed to borrow books to take home are read FOR FREE! Why would anyone pay to read a book?

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand how places like Barnes & Noble made it BEFORE iPad's and Kindle's. See, there are these amazing places called libraries and in these places you are allowed to borrow books to take home are read FOR FREE! Why would anyone pay to read a book?

Commie!

Now Amazon is a library too. If you have a Kindle and and Amazon Prime membership, you can "borrow" almost any book that they have in the Kindle store.

One more government freeloader.

One more government freeloader.

mp must be furious!

its not free...they just added the library district to our tax bill...its $80 a yr we now pay for a rather dinky library

Yeah but the libraries around here are full of semi homeless people checking there Facebook account and books are for smart people and older smart people like to think they are cool by drinking a $3 coffee and buying fifty shades of grey...

The main branch of the Richland County library is rotten with the homeless.

Thank God I don't live in Richland County.

Back