Bacon Shortage

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Bacon-Prices-Pork-Shortage-Mysterious-Virus-Kills-Pigs-Piglets-254418611.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

A virus never before seen in the U.S. has killed millions of baby pigs in less than a year, and with little known about how it spreads or how to stop it, it's threatening pork production and pushing up prices by 10 percent or more.

The U.S. is both a top producer and exporter of pork, but production could decline about 7 percent this year compared to last — the biggest drop in more than 30 years, according to a recent report from Rabobank, which focuses on the food, beverage and agribusiness industries.

It's like the big oil corporations. Always trying to stir $hit up to raise prices...

Just heard a story about it on the radio. Of course, their news department probably read it on the internet.....

I pass two pig farm operations on my commute...they are definitely not experiencing a loss of numbers based on the awful shit smell that permeates the area if the wind isn't blowing in the right direction.

although they were loading them up into trucks a couple weeks ago so they might be bwtn harvests rights now

I pass two pig farm operations on my commute...they are definitely not experiencing a loss of numbers based on the awful shit smell that permeates the area if the wind isn't blowing in the right direction.
ah, but just think of the reward that you get for dealing with such a smell.

bacon.jpg

Do you know what tastes so good, tunafish and bacon with hot sauce and chedder cheese (subway will actually make this for you and I have been ordering it there for years before they started advertising it)
just don't ask for corn and red velvet cake

Back