Association of Energy Engineers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CntrSnr2001

Reaction score
I came across this site while surfing the net. It has a listing of a bunch of different certifications that (I assume) allow you to put more letters after your name.

Link: http://www.aeecenter.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=4014

Anyone have any expereince with this stuff? I've never heard of any of it even though I work with energy.

Do people get these certifications? Are these worth looking into?

IMHO only if someone else is paying for it, I think the cost of the CEM runs in the thousands, plus the additional required CEU's for renewal.

I work in the energy field as well, I've heard of PE of course, the CEM, and LEED which comes in many flavors. I have the PE, CEM, and LEED Green Associate. Only the PE offers a return on investment in terms of additional future earnings. The CEM comes with a stamp but no authority, an energy audit for the energy star program for example will accept a PE stamp but not a CEM. The only reason I got it was that it was free when the stimulus funds were going. At the time I got it, it required a 1 week class with the test on the last day. You learn a lot about fields that are not your own, their coverage of electrical topics are basic, but its geared towards people from all trades so it's what you would expect.

Back