ask about vfd

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron77

Reaction score
can any one help me? pleas.............

i need any material for vfd

i can't pass the exam with this part :bananadoggywow:

No, the NEMA document is like 80 pages long. That document you reference is a little of the info, but there's a lot more in there.

No, the NEMA document is like 80 pages long. That document you reference is a little of the info, but there's a lot more in there.
I think they have the Speed Regulation Formula wrong. They are mixing between Speed Regulation formula and Slip formula. take a look at section 6.3.5.2 "Speed Regulation".

if you remember which page was the answer, I took the oct-2010 exam and didn't pass, and this part was killing to me....

Go to NEMA.org and download their free paper on AC Adjustable Frequency drives. It does require registration (I used a disposable email address), but it's free.
http://www.nema.org/stds/acadjustable.cfm

I did use it during the exam, and it did have the answer. ;)

I won't point to the page (too specific ;) ), but section 5.3 (7 pages) had some good information in it. ;) If you can remember the question, you'll spot the answer while reading.

But I doubt they'll ask the same question again.

But I'd seriously at least skim that whole document, it does give a really good overview of VFDs, plus the table of contents is well laid out and could be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't point to the page (too specific ;) ), but section 5.3 (7 pages) had some good information in it. ;) If you can remember the question, you'll spot the answer while reading.
But I doubt they'll ask the same question again.

But I'd seriously at least skim that whole document, it does give a really good overview of VFDs, plus the table of contents is well laid out and could be helpful.
CableGuy, do you think the entire section 5 is enough for VFD questions on the exam?.

Thanks!!!

The version I had from NEMA looked slightly different, but that looks like the same content. So yes, that'll do.

And as for 'just section 5', I have no idea. They could pull something from another section easily. I took the whole thing in with me. The Table of Contents is as important as the rest of the text, just to find things quickly.

Back