April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must.....get....over....9000!!

edit: :bananalama:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's raining in southern Maine again. 

Good time to be a duck

Project Management? More like People Management!

Uugfuedjhdvjk.  Back to the drawing board with the state.  They approved one backfill, but not the other, and instead of the contractor being happy with that, they want to other approved.  So I've got to go back to the state and ask them what we need to do to get the other material approved.  And it's kinda a ****-show, but not really?

@JayKay0914 I've got struggle bus on my project too. It was built in 1986, one of the newer sites I've worked on LOL, with like 2 upgrades since then. Drawings weren't updated for the upgrades or don't exist.... The site has 3 DC panels but I only have a drawing for one of them. And according to the control house print, the one I have a print for is "future". We took a lot of pictures so I can fill everything in but it's frustrating. 

@LyceeFruit THAT SOUNDS LIKE REAL ENGINEERING.  Mine is mostly calling the state, actually catching our PM in the office, and being able to just ask him verbally.  Everything worked out well, but now I have to figure out my timesheet.  Ugghggghh.  I want a job where I don't have to worry about timesheets and I can just come in, do my work, and leave.  But I don't want to be my own boss either.

@LyceeFruit THAT SOUNDS LIKE REAL ENGINEERING.  Mine is mostly calling the state, actually catching our PM in the office, and being able to just ask him verbally.  Everything worked out well, but now I have to figure out my timesheet.  Ugghggghh.  I want a job where I don't have to worry about timesheets and I can just come in, do my work, and leave.  But I don't want to be my own boss either.
It's really just staring at pictures and doodling in bluebeam so I can get to my real design. Which is what I get to do this afternoon (real design)

I don't do much design either at the moment :\ Lots of regulatory report-writing and a wee bit of design for ISCO injections and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't do much design either at the moment 😕 Lots of regulatory report-writing and a wee bit of design for ISCO injections and the like.
That is might life right now.  Which is why I'm thinking of trying to get into the government work (if I'm not doing deign, might as well be someone who reviews).

we're trying
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back